My kids brown bag it to lunch at school more often than not. Well, maybe not in a true brown bag since that wouldn't be nearly as cool as the colorful or character lunch boxes they take these days. And they're not really even boxes...they're more like rectangular shaped carriers made out of some strong fabric material. But whatever you call them, they serve the purpose of transporting their lunches to school on days they choose not to buy.

My goal is to have a little part of me go in each of these lunch boxes - a little snippet of Daddy. A little laughter, a little cleverness, a little inside joke, a little rhyming...and a ton of love. I want my kids to be reminded every time they open their lunch at school how much they mean to me. How much I love them. And maybe be a little entertained in the process.

So every lunch I make has notes in the lunch box. You should try it too! Feel free to use any of the notes you see in this blog in your own kids' lunches. Or use them to be inspired to write your own.


******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Friday, March 18, 2011

Shamrock fever

Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day...so in that spirit here's what my girls received in their lunches.






I forgot to ask them if it's still a practice in grade school to pinch someone if they're not wearing green on St. Patrick's Day.  I clearly remember that from my youth, but I don't think I ever got pinched.  By the way...pinching hurts!  That's why you'll never catch me saying - "Am I dreaming?  Somebody pinch me!".  I'll substitute other words for pinch though.  Like kiss, for example.  But only in certain company of course!

Don't ask me how I got off on that tangent!





No comments:

Post a Comment