My kids brown bag it to lunch at school more often than not. Well, maybe not in a true brown bag since that wouldn't be nearly as cool as the colorful or character lunch boxes they take these days. And they're not really even boxes...they're more like rectangular shaped carriers made out of some strong fabric material. But whatever you call them, they serve the purpose of transporting their lunches to school on days they choose not to buy.

My goal is to have a little part of me go in each of these lunch boxes - a little snippet of Daddy. A little laughter, a little cleverness, a little inside joke, a little rhyming...and a ton of love. I want my kids to be reminded every time they open their lunch at school how much they mean to me. How much I love them. And maybe be a little entertained in the process.

So every lunch I make has notes in the lunch box. You should try it too! Feel free to use any of the notes you see in this blog in your own kids' lunches. Or use them to be inspired to write your own.


******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Anatomy of a lunch note

I've said it before and I'll say it again - life is quirky.  Take the human body for example.





Why is the heart in your chest called a heart if it's not shaped like a heart?  










And why is the heart shape we're familiar with not shaped like an oblong organ with tubes sticking out of it?  I mean come on, obviously the human heart came before someone thought to write down the heart shape...

Maybe I'll write Ann & Nancy Wilson and get their opinion on this issue...




No comments:

Post a Comment